What is a boat wrap?
A wrap is the process of completely or partially covering (wrapping) a boat with printed and laminated vinyl material. Wrapping a boat basically gives the boat a new look at a fraction of the cost of new paint job or air brushing while also protecting your existing your boat’s gel coat finish. The unique thing about the vinyl material is that it allows us to print almost any type of design, size or color that you can possibly think of.
Who installs the boat wrap?
1. We prefer to have one of our main installers here in Austin do the installation, but we’re quite aware that not everyone can get to us here.
2. We outsource the work to nationwide installers who have done plenty of wraps for us before that are 3m certified and warranty all of their work.
3. You can fly us out to your city to do the installation and you pick up all the travel expenses.
What if we are in the United States and want to purchase a boat wrap? What if we’re not in the United States?
There are four ways to get a wrap for your boat from WakeGraphics:
United States Wraps (US)
1. Trailer your boat to Austin Texas and we can do the wrap install here at our shop. We will most likely need a day and a half. *Warranty.
2. We also have nationwide installers that can perform the boat wrap install at their shop. You will be required to drive your boat to the installers location unless you arrange with the installers to come to you. *Warranty
3. Purchase the wrap kit directly from us and opt out to using your own installer.
Non-United States Wraps and Overseas Wraps
4. Purchase the wrap kit directly from us and you will be required to locate your own installer. *Warranty is only valid if your wrap kit is installed by a 3M or Fellers Certified Installer. Shipping fees will be accrued on overseas orders. Interested in seeing the average shipping fee to your area. Shipping Fees page will allow you to enter your location and get a guesstimate on shipping cost.
*Warranty : Includes one year “installation” warranty & a four year “media” warranty. Media warranty includes fading or cracking.
Do boat wraps typically only cover the sides of a boat or can you wrap the boat hull as well?
Wraps can cover the following areas:
1. Port Side (PS)
2. Starboard Side (SS)
3. Transom Side (TS)
4. Deck Area (DA)
5. Wakeboard Towers (WT) in some cases
*We do not wrap boat hulls
What types of boat wraps are available and what is the coverage area of those wraps?
Full Wraps, Half Wraps and Mini Wraps.
Full Wraps include all sides (PS, SS, TS & DA) and cover from the waterline up and over the rub rail.
Half Wraps include three sides (half of the PS, half of the SS and all of the TS) .
Mini Wraps include two pieces of vinyl that can be applied to most any boat surface and these come in kits that can be applied by almost anyone. Mini wraps come in the following sizes:
(2) Printed pieces: 6′x3′
(2) Printed pieces: 8′x3′
(2) Printed pieces: 12′x4′
What are the 9 steps in getting my boat wrapped?
1. Half Wrap or Full Wrap? (Full or Half Side Wrap)
Are you looking to purchase your boat wrap and don’t know where to start? Well you’ve come to the right place, we can help you with your boat wrap project. First thing is first, are you wanting to cover the entire boat? Well you might be leaning towards a full wrap then. Are you looking to only do a certain area of your boat? Well then maybe half wrap is what you’re leaning towards. Select Option 1 – 8 from Figure. 1.
2. Down Payment
Please email us two photos of your boat. These pictures will be used for the following:
-We can use these photos to mockup a template design so that you can see what your boat will look like with one of our wraps. *Only one Free template overlay per client.
-We can use these photos to also create a template of your boat. If we don’t already have your template in house we will be required to create one for you. You will be required to fill in a measurements sheet which we will then use to create a template of your boat.
-We can use these photos to mockup your boat with a custom design if you so choose to go the custom design route.
4. We Create Template & Measurements Sheet that Needs to be filled in by you
There is a good chance that we don’t have your boat template already created. You will be required to fill in measurements sheet that we will provide from the images you provide us in step 3.
5. Select Your Graphics & Color Combo
Choose from one of our many templates. We do not charge extra for pre-designed wraps. Our custom design rate hourly rate is $90.00/hour on non pre-designed wraps. We will always try to cap out our hourly design hours at 5 hours in most cases. Are you interested in seeing what your boat will look like with the graphic of your choice? Maybe you should check out the wrap builder. The “wrap builder” allows you to upload a side profile picture of your boat, select a graphic of your choice, and the wrap builder will help you visualize what your graphics will look like without getting our designers involved.
6. Make Payment
All open invoices must be paid before any material is shipped or installed.
7. Finalize Design (for Custom Orders)
Finalize and make any last changes to the design.
8. Ship, Print & Install
Ship, Print and Install.
9. Send Paid Invoice
Updated Invoices reflecting zero balance is sent out for your records
In addition to the obvious benefit to the looks of the boat, what are some of the other benefits of wrapping your boat?
-Wraps protect your factory finish against fading and minor scratches.
-Wraps allow the owner to increase re-sale value on older boats and make it easier to sell that boat.
What can I expect to pay for a new boat wrap?
Our Mini Wraps Start at $699.00
Our Half Wraps Start at $1950.00
Our Full Wraps Start at $2599.00
I plan on purchasing a new Tigé boat and want it wrapped at the factory. What’s the dilli?
For any new Tigé boat please contact your local Tigé dealer.
The convenience of purchasing a wrap through the dealer is the following:
- Delivered directly to the dealer of your choice (even overseas if your overseas dealer makes the request to get it wrapped by WakeGraphics)
- Build in the cost of the wrap into the cost of the boat
What’s involved in a Wrap ?
1. DESIGN – With your marine or vehicle model, we fit the wrap to your specifications. Choose a design or talk to a representative about a custom wrap.
2. PRODUCTION – All our marine, vehicle and fleet graphics are digitally printed with solvent-based, exterior-grade, UV-resistant inks. We use conformable, removable vinyl and perforated window film from 3M, Avery and others. All images are over laminated with a UV-resistant matte, satin or gloss finish film (your choice) for additional protection from fading, salt, sand, road grime and physical abrasion. Our prints are rated for 3-5 years exterior exposure with no fading, cracking or peeling.
3. INSTALLATION – Your wrap should be installed by a 3M Certified installer.
Will a Wrap damage my paint or gel coat?
In most cases wraps will not damage factory paint jobs. However, if you do not have a factory paint job, please check with your nearest certified 3M installer to see if they think you can wrap over the non-factory paint/finish.
How is my boat Wrap produced?
Your wrap will be printed on a large-format printer. Think of the color printer that you have on your desktop, only with a width of at least 54″. The biggest difference between your desktop printer and the one that will print your wrap is that the wrap printers use a type of solvent ink that is much more durable than what you would print at your home or office. The wrap is then laminated with a vinyl laminate that protects against marks, abrasions and fading.
How long will my Wrap last?
Depending on sun exposure, typical marine wraps are good for 5-7 years. Depending on how well you care for you wrap, it can last indefinitely.
What happens if my Wrap gets damaged?
Wraps can get damaged sometimes and need to be replaced. For that reason, we produce these graphics via computer generated files and are able to re-produce sections of the wrap.
If your boat wrap gets damaged and your gel coat does not need repair, contact WakeGraphics for a consultation and send us photos of the damaged area. We might also need measurements of the area that needs to get re-printed. *Any wrap setup, shipping and print fees will be accrued by the wrap client.
If your gel coat gets damaged, make arrangements to get the gel coat repaired first. When making those arrangements please contact us so we can that we can prepare your files for printing. *Any wrap setup, shipping and print fees will be accrued by the wrap client.
How long will it take to do my Wrap?
This depends on the job. When your wrap is ready for installation, it can typically be wrapped in a day or two. Always make sure to ask your sales person about the time line, as each job is different.
How much will my Wrap cost?
This depends on the wrap package you purchase: Full Wrap, Half Wrap or Mini Wrap. Please refer to the Price Page for detailed pricing.
Do you mail us samples before you print final version of the boat Wrap? How can I be sure that I like the colors before the Wrap is applied to the boat?
WakeGraphics will mail a color swatch for approval (normally 1/10 the size of the normal wrap) with the graphics of your choice. The color swatch will have your graphic/wrap; super imposed onto your marine or vehicle for you to view. Once we get approval we will move to printing the wrap. Adjustments are made during this phase to ensure you love you wrap.
Will gasoline affect the Wrap?
WakeGraphics provides 3M protection against fuels and oils. Gasoline will eat through the boat vinyl wrap if not protected so special care must be taken around fuel. Please wipe down areas immediately.
Can you cover windows with Wrap material?
Perforated window film can be used for your windows. Exactly what you see on city busses, you can see out but can’t really see in. Somewhat of a tint, but with graphics printed on the film. Please check local state regulations.
Can I receive my boat Wrapped from the Factory?
In most cases you can receive your boat wrapped directly from the factory. We prefer to actually do the work at the factory and have your boat delivered to you with the wrap. If purchasing from your local dealer, we’ll schedule for your local installation. Please contact WakeGraphics for more details.
Can I modify concepts and customize?
Modifying an existing concept is possible. Layouts can be provided for windows, towers, full or partial graphic panels. Contact WakeGraphics for details, additional design rates may apply. Our design rate is $90.00/hour
Can we drive a Wrapped boat with a boat cover?
NO REFUNDS AFTER 30 DAYS.